Our Daily Catch
Featured products caught daily
- Thetford Boat Cassette Toilet C263 | 4.6 Gal Caravan Motorhome 9366SPGLS Stock #: 1081358-5K787$259.95 MSRP: $349.00
- Dr Shrink Boat Cover Shrink Wrap DS-167200 | White 7 Mil 16 x 200 FTGLS Stock #: 1079936-2KH2$179.95 MSRP: $281.09
- Norcold Boat Refrigerator Freezer NR751BB | 2.7 CU FT 12/24V 120/240VGLS Stock #: 1081371-2DA1$579.95 MSRP: $889.24
- Triton Boat Metal Glitter Flake 8715328 | Black Ice (8 oz)GLS Stock #: 1077997-2YF1$20.95 MSRP: $28.28
- Bryant Boat Bow Cover BR674-08 | 196 / 198 / 198W Apex Canvas BlackGLS Stock #: 1082600-5C316$249.95 MSRP: $337.43
- Tracker Boat Steering Console | w/ Tachometer 26 1/2 x 34 Inch TanGLS Stock #: 1082837-3N272$499.95 MSRP: $674.93
- Blue Wave Boat Center Console Step | 58 x 30 3/4 x 11 Inch AluminumGLS Stock #: 1082705-4WBF1$249.95 MSRP: $337.43
- Ranger Boat Metal Glitter Flake 12244 | Sahara Gold (8 oz)GLS Stock #: 1077999-2YF1$20.95 MSRP: $28.28
What's trending among our customers
Notes From The Skipper
Tips for your boat
In May 2019, Great Lakes Skipper sponsored kayak angler Kristine Fischer in the Hobie Bass Open Series tournament on Kentucky Lake, and we were thrilled when she placed first.
Kristine spends her life traveling and fishing, but she took some time to answer a few questions for us about her choice of watercraft, her favorite catch, and finding the courage to live an adventurous life.
You write eloquently about your life and the sport of kayak fishing. What led you to kayak fishing instead of “the glitter boat world"?
There were a few things I considered when choosing k
There are steps you can take to protect your boat from a hurricane, but if you're not able to do so, you might find an unpleasant surprise when next you visit your dock.
If your boat was damaged, you'll want to contact your insurance company immediately. In the meantime, as soon as it is safe, here are some things you should do to protect your boat and reduce potential problems.
1. If your boat is accessible and it is safe to do so, remove as much equipment as possible to protect it from looters or vandals.
2. Protect the boat from weather exposure, leaks, mildew, dry mud, etc. Regardless of the boat's condition, it should be cleaned and dried out.
3. If the engine and other machinery have been submerged or gotten wet, it should be "pickled" by flushing with fresh water and then filling with diesel fuel or kerosene.
4. If your boat is sunk or must be moved by a salvage company, let your insurance company assist with the arrangements.
In 1732, an engineer named Henri Pitot got the job of measuring the flow of the Seine, the famous river that bisects the city of Paris. A late bloomer, Pitot seems to have been an unremarkable student until age 19, when he fell in love with geometry after picking up a book on the subject in a shop. Pitot went on to accomplish many feats of engineering in his career, but it's the contraption he devised to measure the speed of water flow that has made his name famous among boaters.
What our customers are saying