We don't know about you, but at Great Lakes Skipper we are DONE with old man winter. We've had enough and we think you have as well. Here are a couple of simple projects that can be done while the boat is still in the garage.
- Continue ReadingJune 14, 2019
Meet Miss Blue, Denise Frye's pride and joy! Denise and her husband, David, have lovingly restored this beautiful Wellcraft Scarab III boat over the last couple of years, using some parts from Great Lakes Skipper. The couple has put an enormous amount of work into this project, and the results are impressive. Denise was kind enough to answer our questions about it and share some photos of Miss Blue.
- Continue ReadingOctober 06, 2018
What's more satisfying than a good day spent on the boat? Maybe knowing that you've worked on it yourself! DIY work doesn't have to mean slapdash or chintzy. With quality parts, the right tools, and some spare time, you can make improvements you can be proud of. Here are five DIY projects to make your boat better.
- Continue ReadingJuly 13, 2018Save 10% on all boat propellers through July 22, 2018! Before every outing, inspect your propeller(s). You can file out small nicks and burrs yourself, and bent edges can be fixed by carefully straightening them with a pair of crescent wrenches. Serious mangling needs professional attention from your local prop shop.
- Continue ReadingJune 01, 2018Save 10% off jack plates and motor mounts through June 9, 2018! What the heck is a jack plate, anyway? It's a movable plate that mounts to the transom and lets you raise and lower your boat's outboard motor. Here are a couple of reasons you might want to be able to do that.
- Continue ReadingMay 05, 2018
Selling a boat can be bittersweet. On the one hand, it's exciting to make room for something new, but on the other, your old boat has been a part of many happy memories. Give yourself the best chance at finding your boat a good home with these six tips.
- Continue ReadingApril 20, 2018
- Continue ReadingJanuary 13, 2018
Spring is just 48 days away! We can't wait until it's warm enough to get the boat back in the water, and we're already thinking of ways to spend our boating time with our families. From maintenance chores to the thrill of wakeboarding, boat ownership offers lots of opportunities for kids of all ages to participate in the boating life.