While an illuminated vessel can be a breathtaking spectacle on the water, it's crucial not to compromise safety while achieving aesthetics. Therefore, it's vital to keep in mind some essential safety tips when upgrading your boat lighting. We will be going over three important safety tips for upgrading your boat lighting for any style light, whether it be a navigation light, stern light, LED strip light, or cabin courtesy light!
- Continue ReadingMay 10, 2023
- Continue ReadingOctober 18, 2021What's more satisfying than a good day spent on the boat? Maybe knowing that you've worked on it yourself! DIY work doesn't have to mean slapdash or chintzy. With quality parts, the right tools, and some spare time, you can make improvements you can be proud of. Here are five DIY projects to make your boat better.
- Continue ReadingMarch 25, 2020We don't know about you, but the phrase "bimini top" conjures up a mental picture of a boat sheltered by a piece of women's swimwear. Luckily, the real thing offers a lot more coverage for your boat, and, like the bikini, the bimini's name was inspired by tropical island life.
- Continue ReadingJune 14, 2019
Meet Miss Blue, Denise Frye's pride and joy! Denise and her husband, David, have lovingly restored this beautiful Wellcraft Scarab III boat over the last couple of years, using some parts from Great Lakes Skipper. The couple has put an enormous amount of work into this project, and the results are impressive. Denise was kind enough to answer our questions about it and share some photos of Miss Blue.
- Continue ReadingApril 05, 2019
New boat upholstery is so beautiful: flawless and firm. As much as we wish it, it doesn't stay that way; the elements inevitably make their mark. When that time comes, you can look at it as a wonderful opportunity to create a custom seating configuration for your boat.
- Continue ReadingMarch 09, 2019
In 1732, an engineer named Henri Pitot got the job of measuring the flow of the Seine, the famous river that bisects the city of Paris. A late bloomer, Pitot seems to have been an unremarkable student until age 19, when he fell in love with geometry after picking up a book on the subject in a shop. Pitot went on to accomplish many feats of engineering in his career, but it's the contraption he devised to measure the speed of water flow that has made his name famous among boaters.
- Continue ReadingJuly 13, 2018Save 10% on all boat propellers through July 22, 2018! Before every outing, inspect your propeller(s). You can file out small nicks and burrs yourself, and bent edges can be fixed by carefully straightening them with a pair of crescent wrenches. Serious mangling needs professional attention from your local prop shop.
- Continue ReadingJune 01, 2018Save 10% off jack plates and motor mounts through June 9, 2018! What the heck is a jack plate, anyway? It's a movable plate that mounts to the transom and lets you raise and lower your boat's outboard motor. Here are a couple of reasons you might want to be able to do that.
- Continue ReadingApril 20, 2018
- Continue ReadingFebruary 23, 2018We've all been surprised by a summer shower when we're out on the boat. Having a bimini top to pop up can make all the difference when the rain moves in. A good bimini also shields sensitive skin from the sun's strong rays, and provides cool shade in which to relax.